ConsultantJohn has been a member of Lander Consultancy’s Dream Team since 2011.
A highly experienced Chartered Accountant, John has extensive experience at board level. His earlier career includes spells as Finance Director within “knowledge” businesses including Saatchi & Saatchi, US corporate investigators Kroll and training and consulting firm FT Knowledge, part of Pearson plc.
Since 2005, John has provided his services on a consultancy basis and within the recruitment sector John has worked closely with owner managed firms as advisor, and in Non-Executive Director and Finance Director roles.
John has published a number of books on various aspects of financial management and is a contributing editor for Tips and Advice Financial Controller. A Cambridge University economics graduate, John qualified as a Chartered Accountant with Ernst & Young’s Entrepreneurial Business Unit in 1986.
Some examples of his work include:
- Advising on and implementing cost effective staff motivation and retention strategies including EMI share options, long term incentive programmes and bonus/commission schemes.
- Significant profit improvement: through imaginative changes to client pricing, advising on and implementing improvements to underperforming divisions and the design and implementation of dashboards, KPIs and management reporting.
- Transforming cash generation by changing consultant attitudes to working capital control enabling businesses to self-fund expansion.
- Strategic planning, budget building and the analysis of and advice on strategic options.
- Preparing businesses for sale and exiting dissenting shareholders